>Toe-up Cho’ 7 socks

>This pair of socks have been finished for a while but the resident photographer has been rather busy with work & hasn’t actually been here a lot recently. He’s just gone away again for a week so it’s just me, DD & the animals but before he left he very kindly took the required pics so that I could finally reveal them:

socks Bergère de France Cho'7
Ribbed toe up socks in Bergère de France Cho’7

Pattern: David’s Toe-Up Sock Cookbook (Ravelry link)

Time taken to knit: May 24th – June 8th 2008.

Yarn: 100g of Bergère de France Cho’7 (Ravelry link) in J6499.

Needles: 2 x 2.5mm Knit Picks 60 cm circulars

Modifications: As usual I didn’t stick to the pattern 100%. They were knitted two at a time & I changed the toe to make it rounder & blunter. I worked a 3×1 rib so that I could concentrate on the construction of the sock. This yarn doesn’t have a fantastic yardage as it’s between a 4ply & DK weight but 100g gave me a short pair of socks which are perfect for wearing with walking boots or trainers in the spring & summer. I really like this yarn & would be very happy to use it again.

Ribbed toe up socks in Bergère de France Cho'7
Ribbed toe up socks in Bergère de France Cho’7

Now I thought that my Pink Flamingos were comfortable but these have beaten them hands down. It’s the first time I’ve used negative ease & I’m a convert.

Another first is the heel construction which I LOVE. The only reason I sometimes do cuff down socks is that I hadn’t found a heel construction that I was totally happy with on toe-ups & didn’t always feel confident in changing patterns. Now I can just plug a stitch pattern into this pattern & away I go

Ribbed toe up socks in Bergère de France Cho'7e
Ribbed toe up socks in Bergère de France Cho’7

ETA: NovaKnitter asked about Negative Ease. Hopefully this link will explain it fully.