Pimp my vest…

I found a small hole recently on one of our duvet covers. Superking pure cotton duvet covers aren’t cheap so I decided to repair it. As the duvet cover is a solid lilac colour I chose a scrap of a pretty purple floral fabric. Using the hearts die for my Accuquilt I applied bondaweb to the fabric before cutting the shapes out, ironed the shapes onto the duvet cover and then sewed around them with my sewing machine.

heart shaped fabric embellishing a plain duvet cover to repair a small hole
Purple hearts on a duvet cover
One heart covering the hole looked a bit lonely so I gave it some company. I wasn’t that keen on the blanket stitch that the machine produced so continued but with hand sewing. :

fabric hearts appliquéd onto baby vests
Appliquéd hearts on short-sleeved baby vests
A friend of mine has a little baby girl which gave me a great excuse to buy some cheap white baby vests from a supermarket and raid my bag of fabric scraps.

Blue & Annie
Appliquéd hearts on long-sleeved baby vests
They have been very well received. After I’d sent them I found this blog post which has given me plenty of ideas for future gifts.

And just to demonstrate that there is also some knitting going on here’s a photo of my latest project just before it was finished. It’s currently blocking and I’ll share more details when it’s dry and photographed….

pile of garter stitch knitting
pile of garter stitch