Quilting for Project Linus

I’ve joined a quilt group and I made my first Project Linus quilt top this weekend:



It needs making into a quilt sandwich, quilting and binding so not finished yet.

Here are the fabrics close up:


Using fabrics from my stash I used half a metre of the rabbit print, the same in white for the squares plus four width of fabric 2 1/2″ strips for the border and a bit of solid pink with bondaweb for the hearts. The¬†hearts were cut out on my Accuquilt and free motioned with a darning foot which took ages. I haven’t got a backing sorted out yet – I have two fabrics in the right quantities but neither of them are a great match.

The next Linus quilt I make will be without applique…